Friday, October 10, 2008

Somewhere in the crowd there's you

There he was sitting on the floor, with no minimum attention to guys with their bulldogs and girls painting there initials & taking photos for a new facebook posting. That Friday night at Corba streets, Ali could find a place to paint his black & white life in COLOURS .Totally invisible to ppl in the street he was busy doing some painting. I asked his permission for a photo & he nicely accepted with a beautiful smile on his face. A Street child left all the city chaos behind his back and started an imaginary life from scratch every Friday night. I asked him if he needed anything, he thought for a while then replied ‘bananas’!I would like some bananas :)

The fruit Man was nearby, so I handed him some bananas, apples & yogurt. He took them silently but his eyes showed more than just being thankful. He was happy! I left him with a painful heart, and the best I could do is to promise to meet him next Friday to see his new paintings. Kindly he accepted, and when I asked him not to change his place, he moved his head as saying ‘NO, I won’t.
Thanks Ali for your kindness facing cruelty of this mad city. You’re there to give hope. Paint a world of your own, and I hope one day lights will find you, shining like the sun , smiling ,having fun , feeling like a number one.




4 comments:

Babyblue said...

This is the second time i hear of a nice boy called Ali in the street ... remember my post about "Ali" bardo???
fee Ali's keteer ... w lel asaf, like u said: they are invisible.
Ya rab ye7meehom, w ykhaly their smiles dee shining our future and theirs for years ahead :)

sousou said...

I went tonight to check on ALi and didn't find him:( actually i didn't find anyone colouring. Same guys with their dogs , and many others with drums , dancing and singing.NO special activity there . Nothing more than hanging out...lack of system , lack of order & supervision left the street in a mess.I was afraid being there more than just annoyed. Found some shopkeepers complaining about the weekly unorganized Event ...they wich it would be more organized or better cancelled ...but they share their silent complaints and seemed desperate , it will ALWAYS depend on a simple order, no matter how many times they complain .When i asked who would give such order ,, they all agreed on a magical name that sounds very familiar '' MAMA Suzan ''!!

يصبحك بنعيم الله said...

Ali....wherever you are by now....Please take care :(

Mary Rezk said...

Sometimes I wish I have the Peace he has.These little Children have peace more than you can imagine
Peace is much more valiable than everything else.
ofcourse he is miserable but I hope one day we wont find anyone in the streets like him.